Radiology is a field known as diagnostic imaging that deals with diagnosing ailments by conducting a series of tests. It includes taking multiple pictures of the parts of the body using radiant energy to identify and evaluate conditions and treat them.
It is broadly divided into two areas, namely interventional radiology and diagnostic radiology, which focuses on internal imaging organs and evaluating the underlying issues. It plays an integral role in the medical field, coordinating with other departments like orthopedic, oncology, obstetrics, pediatrics, surgery, trauma, emergency medicine, and infectious disease.
Radiology helps in detecting multiple diseases and conditions like:
- Orthopedic Trauma and Fracture
- Blood clots and peripheral artery disease
- Brain tumors
- Different types of cancers
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD)
- Kidney and bladder stones
- Arthritis and osteoporosis, etc.